Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend

The weekend saw Elaine go through a couple of tougher days with a noticable drop in energy and the onset of some nausua and stomach pain. The reality is that all of Elaine's conditions continue to be present and some are getting worse. Late last week, Elaine began receiving pain medicine to offset the back and shoulder issues she has been dealing with. Elaine was opposed to taking pain pills for a long time but can no longer go without them. She has continued to receive all her therapy for now.

The most pressing issues at this time (this is opinion, not a medical conclusion) are fatigue and lack of appetite. Elaine has very little to no appetite and nothing on her plate appeals to her at all. Fatigue is becoming more of an issue likely because of the medication(s), continued lack of appetite/adequate nutrition, and whatever toll the cancer is taking on her body. It was mentioned on the last post that more daytime rest would be required and it was clear over the weekend that Elaine needs more rest than ever before.

Elaine did have a chance on Friday to have a lot of the postings that have been left on this blog read to her. She wanted to hear most of them more than once, and as before they brought both tears and laughter and it is very evident how much she appreciates each and every posting.

Elaine is a remarkable woman and we wish her continued strength and courage!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Elaine
Norma, Ab, and I say hello and hope today is a good day for you. We were going to visit you last Friday but Norma fell in her apartment and broke three toes. She’s been in some pain and is wearing a big boot so that she does not put pressure on the front of her foot. She is starting to feel stronger and we are planning to visit you this week. Mike and Sandy are fine. They were evacuated from Key West last week but still had a full week’s vacation before they had to leave. I know you were concerned about their house on Galveston Island. We have not been able to contact anyone on the island since the storm. We are hoping the house is strong enough to survive. Hopefully we will know more by the time we visit. Ab has some more music CD’s for you and we will bring them. Even though we have not seen you for awhile, you are always in our thoughts and prayers. See you soon!
Jo

Unknown said...

Good Morning Elaine,
Just wanted to check in and tell you I am thiking about you and praying for your continued strength.

I watched the Pats and Jets game yesterday. The Pats won, yea! Matt Cassil did a good job quarterbacking, his arm isn't as strong as Tom Brady but Tom is great. Maybe Cassill will improve with time and bring the Pats yet to another super bowl!

I did watch the clouds the other day. They were big and white and really puffy. The only image I could make out in the cloud formations was a cat. Not a very good day of letting my imagination flow with the clouds.

I usually do not work on Mondays and try to do something with Lew. He is home all week and doesn't get a chance to get out much. I try to keep him busy on Mondays.
I thought today we would go out to lunch, go to the orchards for
peaches, and maybe to Barns and Noble. That should keep us busy for a while.

I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you, everyday.

God bless you
You are a child of God.
You are loved.
Hugs
Eileen

Woman said...

Hey Woman
Well yesterday was Sunday but it didn't seem like it cause the Ravens didn't play. Because of hurricane Ike the game got push back till Nov 9th. Tonight Sponge Bob and I will be watching Dallas & Eagles game. You know how Sponge Bob loves his cowboys.
Took a tour of the Baltimore Basilica Cathedral and what a beautiful church it is. I never been there before and I was just amazed what is underneath the church. Lit a candle for you and your family & friends. Didn't see any rats so I was happy about that.
Hope you had a good day. Alot of my friends are praying for you as they know you from one of my many parties that I make you come to and spend money.
Lots of Hugs
Woman & Sponge Bob

jane said...

Hi Elaine---It's me, Jane---I hope you have a very good day today--I talked to Pat and we got kinda laughing about the "falling Angel" I told Pat that you had actually reminded me and we kinda laughed and laughed about "Trish" and falling. Most of the dances we went too would actually keep us in "stitches" especially when Pat and Trish were involved. You and I would laugh and laugh with Trish and Pat. Never knew what those girls would be up too. I have been thinking of you often and will be sure to see you real soon. Love, Jane