Monday, September 1, 2008

Sunday-Monday

Elaine had a steady stream of visitors on Sunday and Monday and was able to spend time outside on both days after lunch enjoying cousin Mike's Peach ice cream for desert. Given the holiday weekend, she did not have therapy but that will resume on Tuesday.

On Sunday, we discovered that there are four computers available for resident use located just beyond the chapel by the main reception area. We utilized the computer to access this blog and read the comments to Elaine directly from this site. I can tell you that Elaine enjoyed hearing all of the comments that have been left for her, some brought tears and others brought laughter but all of them touched her heart very deeply. It would be a great activity for anyone to participate in while visiting Elaine, she enjoyed the blog and approved of the picture we have posted. Only the comments left by all of you were read to her, we did not read any of the postings.

Her musical collection was increased this weekend with the addition of the soundtrack to Jersey Boys and the return of the Abba/Beatles/Beach Boys mix. If anyone is visiting and would like to listen to some music with Elaine, the CD's are located in the top drawer of the dresser that the CD player sits on.

Elaine has an important week ahead of her, we wish her all the best.

As always, your concern, thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

terri said...

Hi Elaine,

Since I now know how to write a comment, though I would send one today.

Enjoyed the visit with you on Sunday. Jane was glad she got a chance to meet Tom. She heard so many nice things about him, it was good to put a name with a face.

We plan on visiting you again on Friday.

Hang in there.

Terri

Kim said...

Hi Elaine,
I just wanted to let you know I am sorry I couldn't visit you with Terri and Janie Sunday, but I am sick. I am on medicine so when I am better I will be back to visit you. You hang in there! Take Care! My prayers are with you. Love, Kimmy

Anthony Pellegrino said...

Hi Elaine,
I hope this note finds you in good spirits. Calling Techalloy without you there just doesn't seem right. You have always been a pleasure to work with and a big help. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Take care,

Dino Pellegrino