Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Home

Sorry for the missed post on Monday.... It was written but I'll claim operator error.

Statistics say people in the US move an average of every 7 years. Elaine has been in her home in Brooklyn for many more than that, but has recently moved seemingly every 2 weeks. This move will be a good one since it is to the care center Mom and Dad really wanted her in. It is beautiful, highly rated and respected, has Hospice care and has a lot more space in each room. The move takes place on Thursday August 21. She will be staying at Homewood at Crumland Farms in Frederick. Website .... http://www.homewood.com/pubs/locations/Crumland_Farms_Dir.cfm
Not sure about direct phone number yet.

Elaine has an appointment with the Oncologist on Friday. She said she is looking forward to the appointment for an update, but afraid of what he is going to tell her. Based upon the oncologist recommendation about chemotherapy treatment (it has not been recommended due to her weakened condition and stroke issues) she may enter into Hospice Care.

Elaine says her friend Sharon from SW Virginia came to visit her on Monday. I'm sure it was a wonderful visit. I noticed that Debbie and Joanne made comments from their visits this week.

May God bless Elaine, touch her with his comfort and strength, and may He also calm each of our hearts, control our thoughts, and may we each seek His wisdom as we try to understand Elaine's health and life battle.

I encourage you to leave a comment and/or prayer for Elaine as she loves to have these read to her and we will be making a book of all of them for her to keep at the nursing home.

5 comments:

Elaine Bell said...

If someone has some good digital pics of Elaine, please send them to kassakatis@northstate.net. They will be used to personalize this main blog page. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Hi Elaine -
It was so good to see you sitting up, all dressed today with your mom by your side (Wed, 8/20). Norm, Jo and I got there around noon with 2 kinds of ice cream, home-made by your cousin, Mike. There was Kahlua Mocha Raspberry Swirl and Chocolate Oreo Cookie. Shortly after that your pureed lunch arrived, and your mom insisted you eat some ham and veggies before the ice cream. We also very much enjoyed going out to the back patio in the wonderful early afternoon sun-n-breeze with you and just talking and remembering - we loved every minute of it as much as you did. I brought you an Abba "Classic Dance Mixes" CD (great beat for dancing) and left it in your bookshelf amongst your many cards - I'm hoping your dad brings the boombox to Homewood along with that Abba CD, 'cause I think you're gonna enjoy it (I don't know about the rest of the residents there). Mike and Sandy are planning to visit on Sunday WITH some homemade Peach ice cream.

I want you to know, since I was 11 and held your infant form in my arms, you have always been a total joy to me and everyone else you've encountered. You are one of the kindest, gentlest, most caring , loving, and beautiful persons I have ever met (both inner and outer beauty). Kisses and smiles til I see you again. Uncle Ab

JoAnn said...

Hey girl – today (Thursday) is the move to Homewood; I hope and pray the transition goes smoothly. I know your Mom and Dad tried very hard to have you transferred to this well respected facility. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you adjust to the new surroundings. Looks like a winner.

Wow, you now have an updated gorgeous blog thanks to Kevin and Steven; lovely cool shades of green with a subtle flower background. Those colors would look well on you – with your blonde hair especially.

Hey, I get hungry reading about all the ice cream making ability in your family – your cousin Mike – and I recall (at Kernan) Cassie bringing in some chocolate combination ice cream that her husband made. You sure didn’t let a drop of that delectable dessert go to waste. Yum-yum.

Some of my favorite family memories with you go back to when we were kids and the “Rassa” relatives all got together down at Belhaven Beach. We would bring our own picnic food but then we’d share the goodies. We kids would swim in the muddy bottom Bodkin Creek but hey we didn’t care –and it was really mushy especially near the pier. It seems like we were there at least every other weekend in the summer and everyone looked forward to it. According to cousin Mary’s official memory recall, it wasn’t every two weeks, but the memories are so vivid and happy, that they were the best of times!

God Bless You and Sweet Dreams dear cousin.

Love, JoAnn

jane said...

Hey, Elaine---I found a new "cha cha" song by none other than the "King" Mr. Elvis--(you know how I love Elvis)-Never realized how many "cha-cha" songs he has done. Kimmy will bring the pictures she has of all of us(you know she loves that camera)--Everywhere we went she had that camera attached to her hip. She would take her picture whether you wanted it taken or not. She has some good pics of all of us. I can't wait to see them. We will bring them to you when we vist. I will see you on my next visit. Love and prayers are constantly coming your way. Love, Jane

Jackie Rankin said...

Hi Elaine, Aug.21,2008
Hope your trip to Homewood today goes well. I,ve been checking your blog when I can,and asking JaneGirl how your doing. I can't wait to see you again. Jane has informed me that she is brining the King with us,You know Elvis and his cha cha music. I,am walking a little,but still using crutches. I guess you and I will sit and watch her do the dancing.
See You Soon!!
Love Your Friend,
Jackie